Sample Letter of Application Using Different Formats

Writing a Letter of Application Using Different Letter Formats

For teachers teaching English subject and for those who are looking for work, we would like to share with you 3 samples of letter of application with the use of different letter formats to wit: Modified Block, Indented Style and Full Block Style.

Letter writing is one of the skills that everyone must posses given that it is one of the avenues a person can put forward his or her thoughts in written words. Among the types of letters, one of the most important is the application letter because it is the first means an employer can get a glimpse of who that applicant is, what he or she can do or offer to the company.

Below are examples of letter of application. Feel free to modify them or pattern your own after these letters.

_____________

Modified Block

The Personnel Manager

Rose Enterprises

264 Apacible St.

Paco, Manila

 

Sir,

This comes in answer to your ad for a filing clerk which appeared in the October 20 issue of the Manila News.

Attached herewith is my bio-data which contains information about myself and my qualifications which I believe will meet your requirements.

I am available for interview anytime during weekdays at your convenience.

 

Very truly yours,

 

Edna A. Carlos


___________


Indented Style


                                                                                                20 Wayan St. Masambong

                                                                                                        Balintawak, Q.C.

                                                                                                                September 18, 2020

 

The Manager

Sto. Niño Press

Quezon Avenue, Quezon City

 

Sir:

In connection with your letter dated Sept. 15, that was posted in our bulletin board regarding job openings in your company, I would like to apply for the position of bindery helper in your printing press.

I am 18 years old and an evening student at the Ramon Magsaysay High School. I learned some facts about bindery and other printing jobs in one of my elective subjects and as library aide in our school. I have helped our library in binding worn-out volumes that needed repair.

I am willing to undergo apprenticeship in your company per your requirement for eventual job placement.

For more information about my ability and character, may I refer you to the following persons:

 

1. Mr. Manuel Sabado

Dept. Jeadm Vocational Services

Ramon Magsaysay High School

España, Sampaloc, Manila

2. Mr. Joel Nazareno

Guidance Counselor

Ramons Magsaysay High School

España, Sampaloc, Manila

3. Fr. Ben Reyes

Parish Priest

Masambong, Quezon Ciy

 

I am available for interview on any day of the week at your most convenient time.


                                                                                                Very truly yours,

                                                

                                                                                                        Lino Reyes

________________

Full Block Style

Educational Distributors

P.O. Box 2131

Manila

 

Sir:

 

With reference to your advertisement which appeared on Octover 12 in the Manilay Daily News, I would like to apply as sales representative of your company.

 

I am 18 years old, single, and a resident of Caloocan City. I worked as a part-time salesman last summer with the Bulacan Handicraft Industries and I found sales work to my liking.

 

Attached is my bio-data for your reference. I am available for interview tin the afternoon of weekdays at your most convenient time.

 

Very truly yours,

 

Jesus Molina